The US continues to record high cases of opioid-related deaths and drug overdose deaths. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) assessments reveal that in 2018, an estimated 70% of 67,400 Americans died from a drug overdose after overindulging on opioids. Fortunately, full recovery from opioids addiction is possible when you consider the benefits of suboxone treatment.
Drug overdose deaths are on the rise in the US, affecting the youth and elderly of all races. When treating opioid addictions, doctors and mental health experts use suboxone to offer relief. Suboxone, which contains both Buprenorphine and Naloxone, works by blocking opiate receptors and easing the severe withdrawal symptoms.
Outlook on Opioid Addiction
When seeking the benefits of Suboxone treatment in Reidsville, NC, it’s essential to understand that opiates are a group of drugs, including morphine, heroin, OxyCodone, Fentanyl, Hydrocodone, and codeine.
There are two main reasons why anyone becomes addicted to an opiate drug. First of all, you can develop tolerance to the substance, meaning you’ll need more of it over time to experience the same level of “high.”
The other reason is the capability of the drug to stimulate your brain’s receptors. Everyone has natural brain receptors, and opioids can activate the receptors because their organic structure imitates the natural brain neurotransmitters. The drugs trick your brain into producing dopamine, which is a hormone that produces feelings of pleasure, motivation, and perception.
Desirable Effects of Suboxone Treatment
You’ll access the benefits of Suboxone treatment when your doctor prescribes the medicine for your addiction. Suboxone treatment doesn’t necessitate joining an in-patient treatment program, which might be expensive. When on an outpatient addiction treatment program, you don’t need to alter your lifestyle while receiving treatment.
When using the correct prescribed amount of suboxone, expect various positive effects, including:
- A lessening in full adverse effects of opioid antagonists
- Fewer yearnings for other forms of opioids
- Suppression of severe withdrawal symptoms from other opioids, such as heroin and prescription painkillers
What Are the Benefits of Suboxone Treatment?
Along with the benefits mentioned above, opiate addiction treatment centers that use suboxone offer other particular advantages:
- High Success Rate: When a doctor or therapist uses suboxone to reduce withdrawal symptoms, its total success rate is far much higher than other similar drugs. Suboxone has minimal addiction rates, and it’s unlikely to cause an overdose. Therefore, it’s easier to permanently quit addictions through suboxone treatment since the drug itself diminishes the chances of abuse.
- Privacy: Instead of daily visits to your pharmacist or outpatient rehab facility, a suboxone doctor prescribes the drug, and you can refill at any pharmacy. A suboxone treatment won’t interfere with your family life, career, or education because nobody will know you’re on opioid therapy unless you tell them.
- Affordability: Unlike some other opioid treatment options, most insurance policies cover suboxone treatment. Furthermore, since you can refill your pills at your nearest drug store, you can do the refilling every month, which reduces travel costs and makes the whole treatment plan cheaper.
- Lower Risk of Overdose or Abuse: Naloxone, which is a main ingredient of suboxone, doesn’t cause a euphoric feeling, unlike other opioids. Therefore, patients on suboxone are less likely to abuse the drug, meaning there will be fewer occurrences of addiction or an overdose.
Overcome Addiction at ALEF Reidsville
Mental health professionals usually combine suboxone treatment with several other programs, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Partial hospitalization program
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- 12-Step recovery program
- Sober living
You don’t have to lose your fight against opioid addiction when suboxone treatment is readily available. Although the benefits of Suboxone treatment are countless, it’s ill-advised to use any drug without a doctor’s prescription. Most opioid treatment drugs are addictive and can lead to severe consequences if you overdose. Visit a treatment center today and learn about the benefits of Suboxone treatment in Reidsville, NC. Contact ALEF Reidsville at 833.916.0562 to start your recovery journey.